Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Another notch on the belt

I had a great experience this past weekend. For the first time I have been able to pull all of my belts to the smallest notch.

What a great feeling that was. It's not every day that you get a thrill like that now is it?

I also realized that my friend B$ didn't understand that this is actually me!

Yes, to my friends it's quite shocking.

So, what is my current routine? (Please note I am not a fitness expert whatsoever so don't think that I know what I'm talking about. This is just what I do and may not actually be right for you.)

Well it depends on the day.

Every other day I do my Bowflex routine and every other day (mixed in) I do the treadmill until I burn at least 200 calories (that means time on this varies with my goal being shorter runs).

At first, 200 calories wasn't easy for me! Believe it or not it would take me upwards of 30 minutes to burn that off moving at about 2.5-3.5 mph.

Now, I can do it in about 15 minutes most of the time at about 5.5 mph so I'll stay on the treadmill for another 5 to 10 minutes to break past that point. If I'm doing treadmill on the weekend I'll usually dedicate a bit more time to it and go for about 45 minutes and do about 350 - 400 calories depending on intensity. It really is amazing how fast you improve at running. I was doing my regular huffing and puffing when I decided to increase the intensity of the jog. Then, I realized I wasn't huffing or puffing any harder that I was earlier! Now, the huffing and puffing have all but stopped.

I'm planning on getting a bicycle this summer to mix it up a bit.

Weight loss benefit #1

Oh, another benefit in all of this is sort of gross; but it's about sweat!

I don't know about you but I used to sweat like a PIG until I discovered Drysol.
Now, however, I don't use it anymore. How a while I thought I had overactive sweat glands.

Turns out I was just too fat.

1 Comments:

  • Good for you! I don't know what your before arm looked like, but that's pretty impressive to me.

    I've been lazy about working out the last week or so, but you've got me inspired again.

    One would think if you really wanted to lose weight you would just do it, and being lazy wouldn't be an option. Hmmm...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:27 AM, March 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home