Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Show 'n Tell (My first Before and After Pics)

Ok, I'm about to do something that is very hard for me!! I'm still very uncomfortable showing these pictures because I know I don't look good in them and it is very very very very hard to put them on display like this...me...at my worst.

I guess I'm hoping to inspire someone to maybe grab onto the reigns. Also, I'm FUCKING PROUD of myself for what I've accomplished so far. I'm on my way!! Just like everything in life, it's a work in progress.

But it's been a long journey and I realized that the only thing I really needed was a change in mindset.

This picture was taken in 2000 during our visit to Montreal. My shirt? Fresh out of a case of Molson Canadian. Obviously I was carrying my own keg too! No, I was not smuggling a keg under my shirt! Out of every picture of me ever taken I hate this one the most.


Next, was when I started walking during breaks at work and eating Subway for lunch (the Jared thing). Now, although not amazing I felt like a million bucks! This was the best I had looked in a long time and definitely a big improvement over the 2000.



This is the from the same vacation but is the most difficult one for me to show because you can see me in all of my glory. Again, a big improvement over the Montreal picture but still..hardly ideal and not at all flattering. I felt pretty bad about myself when I saw this.


Anyway, here is the first "after" picture you can see where I'm showing more than an arm.

I mentioned in a post on my other blog that Sebastian the "Phat Cat" hangs out with me when I work out. If there is anyone who doubted it:


He spends the whole workout with me.

Lastly, the coolest picture of me ever I think.


I can hardly believe I'm looking at a picture of myself!! I'm still pretty shocked every time I see it.

Wish me luck for the next round!

5 Comments:

  • Congratulations. Workouts are wonderful You have to stay with it though..I have been doing the same thing..3 days a week at the gym...

    By Blogger Howard, at 7:24 PM, March 29, 2005  

  • You're so brave to put those online. I see a major change! If I ever get close to my goal maybe I'll post some of my old pictures for a before and after. I have some really bad ones!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:29 PM, March 29, 2005  

  • I guess for me my goal was more for my soon-to-be-born daughter.

    I was fine feeling miserable about myself. After all, I really do love the taste of bacon, Doritos and pizza. It's much easier to watch TV, drink a beer and eat some pizza then it is to do Bowflex and eat chicken.

    What did it for me was knowing that I'm setting an example for her.

    I comitted to my wife and daughter that she would not be born with a Fat Dad and that she could learn by my example. I've only had a few months with the bowflex but I've been doing treadmill for months now.

    Right now it's a bit extreme because my timelines are so short but I'm getting ahead of the game.

    I see a big difference too and I'm so very happy.

    By Blogger Mark, at 9:13 PM, March 29, 2005  

  • You look awesome! I am so proud of you. I remember around grade 8 or 9, you became determined, starting walking everywhere and lost your baby shape. You did it once and you're doing it again. It pays to be stubborn, doesn't it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 AM, March 31, 2005  

  • GO MARK!!!

    By Blogger Christi, at 9:29 PM, March 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home