Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Hail from Hell

I picked up my bike yesterday from Crappy Tire. Of course I knew it wouldn't fit in the car (especially now that we've got a baby car seat so the back seat can't go down).

Anyway, to make a long story short, since the weather had been nice for almost 2 weeks straight I figured yesterday would be an OK day to drive my bike home from the store.

Let me begin by saying I haven't ridden a bike since about the 8th Grade so I was a little bit apprehensive about it but I trusted the saying about never forgetting how to ride a bike.

I look out the window yesterday morning and what do I see? Wet snow! I flip on the Weather Channel. What are they calling for? Rain all weekend. Might as well get it now I figure.

I head out with my wife, get the bike and start riding home (yes the saying is true. I took me less than one second to remember how to ride) and then the hail starts. A chunk of hail in the face doesn't tickle!!

Maid it home in record time though. Only about 10 minutes slower than my wife who was driving. Pretty amazing!!

Considering that gas was up to .90/litre I think I'll be taking my bike more places than ever. The thing will pay for itself in no time.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, good call on the skating and the bikes!

    Pretty sure not skating is the only grounds for government sponsored execution we have in Canada!

    Seriously though, I really should get back into skating. I don't even own a pair of skates anymore!!

    By Blogger Mark, at 9:12 AM, April 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home