Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

165 Lbs of Muscle

It's funny to say that after all of this time I'm still excited by the changes I see in the mirror. It's been a long time since I "lost the weight" so having friends congratulate me and compliment me on how I'm looking has LONG past. That was a big source of motivation for me when I started working out.

Today, I'm 165 lbs hard body and pretty lean at 11% body fat as of 2 minutes ago.

Believe it or not, according to the BMI calculator I'm overweight! Fuck BMI and BMI's inventor, Adolphe Quetelet (who, based on the picture) who forgot that muscle and fat aren't the same thing.

Currently my body is shaped like this:
Forearm: 11 inches
Bicep: 15 inches
Calf: 15.5 inches
Upper thigh: 32.5 inches
Chest: 41 inches
Waist 35 inches (how are all of my pants sized 31-34? )

I don't think I'm overweight anymore but maybe my opinion is biased.

2 Comments:

  • That's fantastic, you should be proud! I'm not a fan of the BMI; it's not bad for a general idea, if you're very over- or underweight, but not for fine tuning.

    By Blogger M, at 8:10 PM, July 09, 2007  

  • Hey, I'm no expert, but I'm positive you are not overweight. I guess the BMI really fails when the person is quite muscular. Besides, isn't 11 percent bodyfat really lean? Just go with your gut, so to speak ;) Congrats on all the hard work paying off!

    By Blogger H, at 2:22 PM, July 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home