Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Hotel gyms, running and love handles

Even while away on business I do make sure I get at least 30 minutes a day in the gym. They have a much better treadmill than I have at home so its a lot of fun to use theirs.

They also have a universal weight set. The kind where you change the weight using a pin that locks into place. The pulleys and cables pull of the weight and lift it in place.

I actually found this difficult much less enjoyable than my Bowflex. The workout wasn't nearly as smooth as what I'm used to which is surprising really. The only thing I'm really unclear about is why everything felt "heavier". I'm not sure my Power Rods are holding up since I couldn't lift as much weight as I normally do. Then again it was almost a billion degrees. I've noticed though that as my power rods get used their resistance seems to be wearing slightly.

I'm getting freaked about my 10K run. I ran 7K yesterday but I couldn't run the whole way. I had to stop a few times to walk and catch my breath. I did the 7K in about an hour which is decent considering it was my first time to go that far in 28 degree (celcius) weather. My wife did it like it was nothing (which I'm so proud of her for). She's comitted to running daily and it shows. She's impressed me! Me on the other hand...I was less impressive. Running in just one of the many ways I try to keep in shape but I'm mostly comitted to my strength training.

I followed up my run with my Bowflex routine and felt way better.

Lastly I think I've hit a new milestone. My wife asked me on Friday if my love handles had actually completed vanished. I had to respond "No" because they haven't. But they are actually quite small now. Although I'm getting used to seeing the different body in the mirror I still catch myself staring blankly in disbelief. I remember looking in the mirror a year ago saying "I wish that wasn't me." Now when I look in the mirror, I may not be perfect and I'm certainly no model but I'm proud of how I look and I like my new physique. I pushed me to continue...which I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home