Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Just checking in

Not too much new to report on the fitness front this week.
I did finally go out and get some casual clothes for the summer. I was concerned I wouldn't yet fit into a 34 pant and would be disappointed.

Low and behold I got myself a 32 inch waist pant.

Now, I didn't realize what a controversial issue taking Creatine was. I just happened to read about it on Men's Health and decided to go pick some up.

As far as that goes, I've noticed my tongue is more dry than normal so I'm trying to keep my water intake up. Needless to say, I'm slightly more bloated and I've gained a pound or two but that's about it. So far the biggest benefit has been the reduction of lactic acid while riding my bike. I've also gotten a big kick out of my wife calling me a "druggie" while I drink my spiked apple juice.

I can't honestly say I've noticed much of a change while doing the resistance training other than I tire less easily and can take shorter breaks between sets even though I've increased the resistance. I guess really that's all you're supposed to get!! I guess I was half hoping to wake up the next morning looking more ripped than the day before. Sadly, this was not the case.

2 Comments:

  • That's great. I'm curious about the weight loss, do you think working about or eating better had a bigger effect?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:49 PM, May 27, 2005  

  • Hey Julia,

    I lost a lot of weight simply by changing my eating habits. I did the Jared Subway thing and cut bacon out of my diet as much as possible and lost probably 15 pounds before my wedding.

    I'm still very cautious about what I eat because it really is easier to not eat then to burn it off after you eat it. I've got a way to go still to reach my target weight so need to keep the caloric gap as wide as possible.

    I really only started to lose weight once I started with strength training. The treadmill alone just wasn't doing it.

    Treadmill increases your metabolism only while you're heart rate is up whereas resistance training burns energy while you're doing it, afterwards to rebuild the muscle and consistently over time, bigger muscles need more energy to sustain.

    Now, I find treadmill more productive too.

    By Blogger Mark, at 5:01 AM, May 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home