Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Keeping it simple

It's so easy to get caught up in hype.
There is simply way too much hype about every product on the market.

This product makes you cut, this product with make you big, this product will do this...this product will do that.

The key issue I see in the suppliment market is that nobody is required to actually provide proof that the products do what they say they do. Fortunately in Canada it is against the law to advertise products of this nature (although you can buy them). That doesn't mean that they aren't big business though.

GNC, the suppliment store that I go to, is full of magic pills and powders and sometimes I even catch myself looking to boost my performance with some new magic pill. Truth is though, I stay focused.

So far a high protein, low calorie diet has worked very well for me to help me gain muscle mass while losing excess body fat.

As far as weight loss goes I've stopped my net loss cycle and have landed at a very comfortable 160 lbs. Now I'm at equal ration muscle gain/fat loss and down to 17.1% body fat (assuming I'm measuring this correctly).

So the only suppliments I'm still taking are a whey protein shake (nothing else in it) and 2 multi-vitamins and 2 L-Arginine 1000 Mg tablets. For me, this seems to be a winning combination that I'm going to stick with.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home