Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Big Bad Muscle Shots (One Year Later)



Its so hard to think back to what I was doing a year ago today. I had probably just completed my very first workout on my Bowflex.

I had purchased the Bowflex as a gift to myself so that I might give myself another gift in a year. That gift was to be good health and (what I hoped) would be a smokin' hot bod.


So now I think it's time to pat myself on the back. I think I'm looking pretty good. I'm got some great definition in my back, arms and legs and I'm still working on the stomach to finally rid myself of that horrendous McBelly that I used to feed.

What amazes me more than the physical changes are the mental ones. I am better able to deal with stress and don't feel the panic that used to consume me on such a regular basis. I find inner peace by building outter strength.

Now if I could only get myself to like cardio as much as I like strength training. Yes, I do it, but not nearly enough. I just don't get the same satisfaction from it.

After my Bowflex/weight workouts I actually FEEL like I accomplished something. I can feel my muscles burning. I can feel the blood coarsing through my body and I know I'm going to reap rewards for my hard work. When I finish my cardio I feel sweaty and I smell.

The big question now (as it has been for the past 6 months) is where to next? What is the next step in my physical evolution? I'm quite happy overall with my arms and back. I'd like to see better results in my stomach and legs and chest.



So to all of those people who didn't think I'd be able to make it this far please feel free to eat your heart out.


And for those of you who are still rooting for me please keep coming back and I'll keep posting my pictures. I'm just getting started!!

7 Comments:

  • Woooee! Lookin' good.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:13 PM, January 15, 2006  

  • I'm not a cardio lover myself but I found something that helps me thru it and you wife might enjoy these too. check out www.cardiocoach.com its an audio guided cardio series and they can help pass the time for a boring activity. I've found that I like running outside too, its time for me to think and reflect and enjoy the outdoors.

    By Blogger Kimberly Rae, at 5:04 PM, January 15, 2006  

  • oh looking pretty good too! keep it up

    By Blogger Kimberly Rae, at 5:05 PM, January 15, 2006  

  • What a difference one year can make. It's good to look for ways to improve your workouts. I have the same problem with cardio workouts as well. They just don't seem to give me the same level of satisfaction as a good hard weight workout. But, like everything else in life, a good balance is necessary, so just try to keep up with the cardio.

    Congratulations and keep up the good work!

    By Blogger Steven Ercolani, at 6:41 AM, January 16, 2006  

  • Hubba hubba! You're looking hotter by the day!

    By Blogger Christi, at 9:10 AM, January 18, 2006  

  • Congrats on your accomplishment! Getting fit is on everyone's list, but few actually succeed. Keep it up! You're amazing!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 AM, January 18, 2006  

  • Inner peace through outer strength... very cool! (Sounds like something I just posted on!)

    And yes, a year can make a lot of difference. Sounds like you've answered your own question on the next challenge... cardio!

    And how about balance? My trainer and physio guy both have me working on balance exercises... Now that's been a good challenge!

    Rock on in 2006!

    By Blogger Sarah Elaine, at 7:30 PM, January 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home