Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Hotel Gyms

I'm generally a bit more apprehensive about using hotel gyms. First off because of bacteria and the thought of laying on the same equipment that someone else just sweated on grosses me out a bit. But also because I still don't quite feel all that comfortable in my new skin yet.

I was relieved to see that when I started working out in the gym that a few people seemed to be looking at what I was doing. For example, I started with triceps and supersetted with biceps. Did chest, then back, then chest fly (you get the picture). One guy who arrived with his wife just as I was starting even seemed to be copying my workout station by station. He didn't look very experienced so I was pleased that I must have looked like I knew what I was doing.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery as they say.

It is really great to be back at home using my own equipment too. Hard to get motivated after work last night but it was worth it. I feel so much better.

5 Comments:

  • I've had times where people actually got up the nerve to ask me questions about training - does make your head kinda swell a bit, in a good way!

    There have been times I've kept a travel pack of baby wipes in my gym bag and wiped down machines - not that I'm a germaphob but I also don't want someone elses cold, that is a sure way to put a damper on MY training!

    By Blogger Kimberly Rae, at 7:01 AM, December 20, 2005  

  • I'm copying your workout right now...well, in my mind anyway!

    By Blogger Christi, at 9:36 PM, December 20, 2005  

  • Thanks Christi.
    I do appreciate the sentiment. Although if you want I will actually post my workout if you'd really like to copy it. Maybe you and Trey can be "Daemon Cain Converts".


    :-)

    By Blogger Mark, at 6:24 PM, December 21, 2005  

  • I demand to know what you've done with my friend, although this new guy is pretty hot, so he can stay :) Did you change your e-mail? I tried to send you something and it bounced back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 AM, December 22, 2005  

  • Yeah... at our gym there are little spray bottles with black towels that you're supposed to use to wipe down your equipment after you use it... but not every one does... And they don't have enough spray bottles, so sometimes you go for one and there isn't one to wipe down with anyway. Oh well... Good thing there are showers for afterwards!

    I had a girl ask me how to use the assisted pull-up machine a while back. Even though I use it regularly (and have been shown how to use it properly by my trainer), I didn't feel comfortable showing someone else (visions of law suits dancing through her mind....) I went and got my trainer and had him show her. Who knows... maybe he'll make a client out of her!

    By Blogger Sarah Elaine, at 5:42 PM, December 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home