Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Over 89 Billion Fattened Up

I drove past a McDonald's burger joint yesterday and I noticed that very familiar tag line "Over 89 Billion Served".

I immediately leaned over to my wife and said "I know what my next post is going to be about. I'm going to estimate how many pounds everyone in the world has gained by eating at McDonald's 89 Billion times."

The meal that I chose to base my number on consists of the following:
-1 hamburger (not a Big Mac..just those paper thin burgers and squished bun)
-1 medium french fry
-1 medium coke

I'd say that's a pretty conservative meal at McDonalds. No cheese, no bacon and 1 small burger.

If 89 Billion orders of this meal were served that translates to a total of
20, 597, 142, 857 (that's 20.6 billion) pounds of fat that people all over the world have purchased and injested from the McDonald's corporation.

Now doing some quick researched I learned that the "Average American Male" (I'll say North American male) weighs between 150-180 lbs. So let's compare against a 165 lbs man.

The amount of FAT that people have added to their body's by eating McDonald's food is comparable to 124, 831, 168 adult males (assuming they weigh 165 lbs). That's almost 4 times (3.8 to be exact) the entire population of Canada being carried around in excess weight.

Now, I understand in the past McDonald's has taken a lot of heat about the quality of their food. In their defence they are making this information available on their web site because consumers are demanding it. There's no more excuse!

Oh, and don't show me your healthy McDonald's salads. In my quick review of the nutrion contents I confirmed my suspicion that those "Lighter Choice" salads are worse to eat then the hamburger.

Eat Right, Exercise Right and Sleep Right...that's all you need to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home