Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Status update

Weight:
I don't know about you but my morning and evening weight used to vary drastically. Some mornings I would weight more than in the evening (depending on what I ate for dinner the night before). Sometimes I would weigh up to 5 pounds less in the morning than in the evening.

I've noticed that since eliminating virtually all refined carbs (choosing whole wheat and whole grain instead) my weight does seem to yoyo throughout the day anymore. It seems to fluctuate by a pound or two at most. I figure it's either the refined carbs or the low sodium since I'm not eating foods nearly as salty as before.

Body:
I'm having a stressful week at work and my sleep isn't as good as normal. My body hurts pretty much everywhere too. I'm looking forward to getting past the "first week" of workouts.

Suppliments:
I'm taking a good multivitamin and, as suggested in "The Action Hero Body" book I'm also taking L Arginine which is supposed to speed recovery and prevent damage from overtraining.
However if you google it you'll see many people are using it for other purposes. I haven't noticed anything like that yet but I'll let you know if I do.

3 Comments:

  • I try not to look at my weight in the mornings or evenings! Oh, but giving up carbs...it's like giving up sex!

    By Blogger Christi, at 7:52 PM, November 03, 2005  

  • Christi, I most certainly haven't given up carbs. I eat a lot of carbs every day. Just not white bread. I'll eat whole wheat or whole grain carbs so nothing refined.

    Carbs, protein and fat are all necessary. I'm just being more picky about where I get them from.

    Complex carbs and lean proteins :-)

    By Blogger Mark, at 10:33 AM, November 06, 2005  

  • I miss you guys! It sucks, too, b/c my life is about to get even busier! Post or something more often so I can at least pretend I know what's going on with the two of you!

    By Blogger Christi, at 7:04 PM, November 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home