Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Get your hands off my McBelly

Let's face it, we've all eaten at McDonald's or Burger King or some other fast food joint.

Although it may taste ok it is simply not nutritious at all. In fact, it's bad for you.

I recently heard about the "McDonald's Diet" where people eat exclusively at McDonald's to lose weight (I guess they needed to do something after Jared lost weight at Subway and following the Super Size Me documentary).

Even with these restaurants coming up with their "Healthy Choice" menus they are still bad for you. Ceasar salad can be just as bad as a fried hamburger because of the dressing.

I'm not arguing why they sell the stuff they sell...obviously there is profit in it. But why are they so focused on selling people unhealthy food and saying it's healthy? If they want to attract people who are interested in health then actually SELL HEALTHY FOOD.

4 Comments:

  • I agree with that. And another thing. Why can't they make truly healthy food fast? I know it would cost more but I would be willing to pay.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:59 PM, September 15, 2005  

  • Yeah, good for you food takes too long, which is why I have such a problem eating it!

    By Blogger Christi, at 10:14 AM, September 16, 2005  

  • I'm with ~d~, what happened to you other BLOG?

    By Blogger methatiam, at 3:22 PM, September 17, 2005  

  • Hi everyone,

    Yes, my other blog is gone. I wasn't updating it very much anymore and wasn't really having fun with it. In fact it was more like a chore to update it whereas I still have fun updating this blog. I guess it shows were my priorities are.

    I mentioned to Julia that I've also been wanting to work on a documentary so maybe something will come of that...maybe it won't...no promises...but if I do get something together I'll publish it for everyone to see.

    By Blogger Mark, at 4:40 AM, September 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home