Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

10 K under my belt

I'm very proud to post that I ran 10K (that's 6.21 miles) on Sunday for the first time.

My wife and I are still training for the Stephen McClatchey 10th Anniversary Memorial Run so I knew, sooner or later, I'd have to actually run 10K.

We've been working up to it weekly. It started with 5K, then 7K then 8K to our 10K on Sunday.

I wish I could say I "ran" the whole way. Sadly I did not. My endurance was fine but my legs had no more juice by the 8.5 kilometer range and I simply had no more strength in my muscles to run the rest of the way so I switched between walking and running for the final stretch. Although I was disappointed in that I was pleased to see that even with my walking I still averaged about a 10 minute mile and the whole run took me just over an hour to complete.

Although drained I was giddy the rest of the day knowing I would in fact be able to complete this run without falling on my face in embarassement. I didn't know I had it in me to WALK 10K let alone run it. I've pretty much given up on the notion of racing my wife though who seems to have taken to running like a fish to water. I'm so proud of her too.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home