Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Work In Progress

I've been feeling kind of down lately about my whole workout routine.
I look at the changes in my body and I like what I see but let me be as candid as possible.

Yes I've made HUGE progress. I'm more slim and I've built more muscle. In fact I ran about 10.5 K yesterday for and beat my wife for the first time. That felt like an accomplishment.

I guess that's the thing I've been struggling with though. I find that with strength training it's a progressive experience. You perform a certain exercise with a certain weight then you move on progressively making it harder. There is no "goal" or benchmark. I have no idea where I stand compared to other people so I'm solely benchmarking against myself and although it's great to see the progress there is still no finish line to cross.

1 Comments:

  • I'm struggling with that myself, but unless we're Olympics bound, how we do as compared to others is beside the point. How you do against what you used to be is the point.
    You have been setting goals, and you've been meeting them. The point of resistance training is to increase the weight/reps/sets. I work out in a gym, and I get to compare my numbers with others who are working out, and I STILL feel like I'm don't know where I stand.
    There are small and large goals. A small goal is to get to the point where the weights/reps/sets increase, a big goal is when you buy a pair of pants one size too small.

    By Blogger methatiam, at 6:15 PM, September 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home