Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

New Equipment

I'm bitting the bullet and going out to buy some additional fitness equipment today. To supplement what my Bowflex is missing or is weak I'm getting a Deluxe E-Z Kurl Bar and a set of dumbells as well as various plates. Going to check out Play It Again Sports first thing this morning to see if they have what I need as far as plates go and then run over to Canadian Tire to buy the rest.

The 1,500 calorie a day nutrition plan is moving along. I'm supposed to up my caloric intake once a week to prevent my body from becoming accustomed to the low calorie diet. It's really not that different from what I have been eating but I find I'm drinking a lot more protein shakes to keep the fat out. I maintain a steady weight of muscle gain fat loss at 3,000 calories a day and I'll probably lower that to around 2,000 to 2,500 calories once I finally reach my muscle size goals and go into maintenance.

My wife said "You're on a diet...and a very strick one too." So I reminded her that it's not a diet but a nutrition guideline for reducing my daily caloric intake to lower by body fat percentage more quickly (this sounds way more manly than diet).

I laid it out as frankly as possible. If I want a lean cut body then I need to lose more fat. I'm not at an unhealthy weight but I don't have the lean muscular body I want. I'm still working towards that goal. I'm also still not as muscular as I want so I'm still working towards that goal too. Once I reach those goals then both my eating habits and my workout routine can go into maintenance modes.

I do however wish I had started this at a younger age. I'm just not sure if I can progress to where I'd like to be starting in my mid/late twenties. We'll see I guess.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home