Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Muscle Behind The Machine

I woke up this morning to the sound of the neighbours plowing their driveways with their motorized snow throwers.

I knew right then and there that I was in for one of those mornings that I never really like...when I have to get up early to shovel snow.

I got dressed, found my winter jacket and scarf, pulled on my tuque (hyperlinked for my non-Canadian friends who have no idea what a tuque is) and dawned my winter gloves for the trek into the snow to shovel my walkway and driveway.

I have to say I was surprised!! Not only was it significanly easier to do this year than last year (I huffed and puffed last year) but I didn't even break a sweat!

To be direct, my driveway is average or larger than most driveways in my area so I was also very happy to see that I was able to get my driveway done faster than my neighbours who were using their snowthrowers.

Humans 1 - Machines 0

2 Comments:

  • Good for you! I'm glad you linked to a tuque. We have those, but call them knit hats. I like your word better. Not to rub it in, my kids were playing outside barefoot today. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:35 PM, November 24, 2005  

  • Thanks ~d~. It's been 11 months since I started weight lifting so I'm hoping at some point I'll look like a "muscle guy".

    By Blogger Mark, at 6:44 AM, November 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home