Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Measuring Success

I've talked a LOT about measuring success. How do you define good and how to do measure your own results when, really, strength training and muscle building is a more a competition of the mind.

Big Realization of the week: Realized I have "above average" biceps. Average male bicep is 12.6 inches in circumference.

This never occurred to me until I had a hard time fitting my arm into the free Blood Pressure machine at the pharmacy which accepted a bicep up to 13 inches in diameter. I had used that machine MANY times in my life (mostly prior to losing weight) so it was shocking to see not only that my arm is getting close to too big but also that my blood pressure and resting heart rate are at a better than average level.




Onto new horizons:
I've finally determined (at least for the next little while) where my goals lay.
I'm basing my goals towards the "Grecian Ideal". Yes, this means I want to be sculpted like the statue of a Greek God. Yes...this probably means my wife is correct in trying to have me tone down my ego today, let alone once I reach "Greek God" physical status.

Want to see how you measure up? Try it out here. You need to know the diameter of your wrist in inches.

3 Comments:

  • That's quite a goal. Andrew just saw your picture and he said he doesn't even recognize you!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:32 PM, February 07, 2006  

  • wow you are looking fineeee.... i mean to a married woman. keep up the good work and work that charm on karla

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 PM, February 08, 2006  

  • Whoo hoo! I have lost six pounds on my diet so far...of course, then yesterday I went to a birthday party and bridal shower and bachelorette party, and no doubt shot down everything I'd worked for! Next step, introduce exercise into the equation.

    By Blogger Christi, at 2:46 PM, February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home