Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Friday, April 14, 2006

One Year Ago

It was exactly 1 year ago as I write this post that I took my last look at my beautiful daughter. It was the last time I kissed her soft newborn skin that I can still smell if I close my eyes.

My baby girl Ava had just been born a few hours earlier at 2:11 PM and it was a few hectic moments following that I was to learn that my daughter would not survive her birthday.

Today, my wife and I released 7 pink balloons. One balloon for every hour she lived.

We also had a cake to honour her memory. The cake simply read "Ava". It bore no candles as, unfortunately there is no birthday to celebrate today. There is only a memory to cherish and a box of keepsakes to look through one more time.

I've often said that since my daughter died that I have the responsibility of living for 2. I have to pack as much life, joy, happiness and experiences as I can because Ava will not have that opportunity.

Since she left us:

  • played in the white sands of the carribean again
  • I've had a promotion at work
  • I've gotten myself in shape
  • I've visited the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington DC
  • I've learned how to paint
  • Got too close to a live and wild bear
  • We've tried to start a family again
  • We've completed a 10 KM run
  • touched both the Atlantic and the Pacific ocean
  • We've gotten a puppy
  • Tasted Ice Wine and drank my first martini
  • I've made 2 new friends
  • I've gotten a wicked ass tan
  • Experienced the death of a grandparent
  • I've learned how to cook: I've made and eaten my own pasta, bread and pizza
  • my wife and I have visited the rocky mountains in Alberta
  • I've read a novel
  • Written a video game
  • I've watched Killer Whales mating in nature
  • I've let time luxouriously melt away while making love to my wife
  • And today, I celebrated the memory of my beautiful daughter

I just hope that it's enough for year 1.

1 Comments:

  • Mark, you've done more in one year than I think I've done in my whole life...It's so awesome that you've decided to live for her.

    By Blogger Christi, at 5:22 AM, April 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home