Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

1-2 Pounds A Week

Everyone who has ever been overweight knows it's not good and they all share one thing in common. They want it off quickly and are frustrated by the 1-2 pound a week rule that everyone talks about.

If you are losing more than 1-2 pounds a week there is a very very very good chance that you are losing muscle tissue along with your fat. On a weight-scale this may look very good. The truth is though that it will end up being harder for you in the long run to maintain your weight because even though you've removed fat you've also lowered your metabolism.

Here's another interesting idea. Back on June 26th, 2006 I weighed in at 155 lbs. Today, I'm almost 10 lbs heavier. As I watched the scale go up I was so disappointed. I don't want to see the scale go up but, here's where it gets interesting.

Although I weighed 155 I had a body fat percentage of 16.4 meaning that my lean body weight was 129 lbs and the rest was fat.

Today, at 165 my lean body weight is 138 which means that the majority of my weight gain has been in muscle, not fat. In fact, I've lost a few fat pounds to boot!

2 Comments:

  • You go boy!

    By Blogger Christi, at 9:05 AM, September 14, 2006  

  • One to two pounds a week.
    I really need to read things closer. I thought the rule was that losing 10 to 20 pounds a week was safe.
    Here I've been beating myself up all these years because I can't measure up and now I see the standard was wrong..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 PM, September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home