Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Suppliments

Suppliments are always a hot topic in any physical areana. Whether it's prohormones to achieve a hard body or propecia to grow hair, there's always going to be people who are telling you that you aren't good enough as you are.

So how do you tell the difference? Where do your goals end and self-consciousness to to marketing propaganda begin?

I had a conversation today with a friend of mine. I was expressing frustration with the rate at which I'm improving. It seems to have slowed to a near snails pace in the past few weeks.

Although I have to admit I've made great progress with my body over the past year I'm certainly still not where I want to be. Frankly I'm starting to get annoyed by this.

I'm sure it's primarily psychological in nature but also may have to do with my routine. I've stuck to the same routine for longer than 6 weeks which is generally a no-no so I've been trying to switch it up a bit.

Hopefully this will help.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to pass the plateau?

2 Comments:

  • Honestly, I think you should ride the plateau for a while.
    Your body is adapting, and though I have NO scientific basis for this, it seems to me that staying on the plateau is a way to train your body to stay in its present condition (that is not to gain weight or loose muscle mass).
    Once it has learned - then you'll start seeing differences again.

    By Blogger methatiam, at 6:53 AM, May 05, 2006  

  • I think you'll start to notice a difference if you change your routine. Your body adapts to the workout and by changing your routine you shock your body into using different muscle groups. Are you adding weight each time you work out or keeping with the same weight? Even if in small increments adding weight each time can make a big difference...

    How's the diet...are you still eating clean?

    Justin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 AM, May 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home