Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Umm. What's a Canada?

Ordering a replacement part for my bowflex hasn't been as easy as I would have liked.

I contacted Nautilus online and asked them to provide me with shipping and cost details. I explained that I bought my system at a Canadian Tire in Canada. A few days later they responded with a 1-800 number to call.

So I called the 1-800 number and spoke to a very helpful man who told me the part costs 9 dollars plus shipping. Not bad I think...but something is wrong...OR YES...it's his accent.

So I respond: "Is that in US Dollars?"

He responds puzzled: "Umm...yes"


Now although the price is right (even after converting to CanuckBucks) I
really hate mail ordering product over the border. Depending on so
many variables you sometimes have to pay duties, taxes and tarrifs and it
can take a long time to get past customs....Why isn't this easier?? So much for Free Trade in action!


So I asked him if there is anyone who resells the parts in Canada.

I get a Canadian phone number which I call.

Unfortunately the experience wasn't as pleasant. Upwards of 6 phone calls over 3 days and my 10 dollar (Canadian) part is now ordered with 15 dollars shipped (FUCK). Oh, to make it even better it's going to take a "few weeks" to get here. Plus, I gave them my credit card number but I have no "order number" to follow up on. When I asked about this, the Customer Service agent said "I know, but we don't have order numbers!"

WHAT?

I'm thinking that Nautilus Canada has got be run out of people's basement offices or something and that they don't appear to be very organized or have a decent computer system.

1 Comments:

  • Sorry, but that's what you get for being Canadian. ;)

    Are you out of luck when it comes to working out until then? What a pain!

    Me news: I'm down 25 pounds after a couple months of being stuck at 20. Maybe next time we get together I'll fit it in you fit people!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:52 AM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home