Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Why More Healthy Food doesn't mean SLOW

Let's clear up a misconception. Fast Food isn't fast!
There...I said it now let me back it up.

A few weeks ago I got in line at Tim Horton's for my morning caffein drip. It took about 10 minutes to get through the line-up plus the travel time between my office and the coffee shop. I took my cup to the office, polished it off, and looked for coffee #2 from the crappy coffee machine in our office. No coffee to made so I put on a pot. Including brewing time "Office Coffee" took 6 minutes.


Now, think about a toasted chicken sandwich with romain lettuce on a whole wheat bun. A freshly baked banana muffin. This is part of my daily routine as well but they are made at home. Generally, I'm lucky enough that my wife takes the time to put my lunch together for me during the day however on the days that she doesn't not it really doesn't take me more than 5 minutes to make my lunch. How is that not FAST?

So, quite making excuses...fast food isn't fast. It fact it slows you down by making you less healthy. Even if you could get the food faster it you'd have less energy to enjoy the rest of your life.

In my opinion there is no healthy amount of fast food. Most people never need that high of a caloric intake...ever...period.

4 Comments:

  • You're missing the point of fast food. It really should be called easy food. I don't eat it b/c it's fast, I eat it b/c it means I don't have to do anything but pay and pull the wrapper off of the straw. Yes, it's sad, but I despise EVERYTHING about making food, and if I had the choice, I would eat out every single meal of every single day. I'd wait hours for it if necessary. I'm not saying in any way that that's a good thing. I don't eat fast food a lot, but when I do it's b/c it's cheaper and I don't have to tip. I wish they would offer things like what you said in fast food restaurants...on the dollar menu! I much prefer healthier foods, and feel better afterwards, but I really just hate the idea of making them! Think you guys could come live down here so I could pay Karla to make my food?

    By Blogger Christi, at 11:20 PM, September 25, 2006  

  • You scared me for a minute. I thought you were going to say you went on a fast food binge and the belly was yours!

    I think it's the planning ahead that makes it hard to resist fast food.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:23 AM, September 26, 2006  

  • True enough...to both of you.
    And please keep in my I realize my hypocracy. I used to eat a lot of fast food and would never make my own food. I'm certainly no stranger to that.

    How about keeping some easy food at home. I like frozen chicken because I put it in the over and forget about it for 20-30 minutes.

    Generally the costs of my meals at home is probably about 1-2 dollars (depending on what I eat) and my meals are ALWAYS easy because I hate cooking too.

    By Blogger Mark, at 4:16 AM, September 26, 2006  

  • I couldn't agree more, and after my fast food addiction post it hits home.

    Home food is faster, but I seldom think so at the time. For instance, this morning Hubby wakes me up 20 min before I have to leave. In between strightening my hair and finding suitable clothes, I slap together a couple sandwiches ( that probably took 45 seconds) but insisted that it was the sandwiches that made me late
    and not my sleepy lazyness.

    By Blogger Brandy Jackson, at 8:33 AM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home