Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Getting Back to Cardio

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times.

I hate cardio!

I would have to say that's the biggest flaw in my workouts is that I don't focus enough on cardio.

Since I bike to and from the train station I usually try to make the excuse that my biking counts as a cardio workout. And, I guess it's not untrue but I'm certainly not getting the same effect as I would if I was running.

I simply don't find it fun. Either I'm bored on a treadmill watching a crappy TV show or too hot or cold when running outside.

But, even though I keep a very consistent weight and I'm still losing fat & gaining muscle I'm not getting where I want to be fast enough.

So, that means I need to up my cardio again and stop skipping my running.

I ran 5K this past Saturday. Surprisingly, I did it in under 30 minutes which means I'm on par with where I was last September when I was training for a 10 Km run for the PBSO charity run after my daughter died.

So I'm back at it.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home