Daemon Cain Fitness

Looking for some before and after pictures from using my Bowflex? Click here.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Took my own advice


I've finally bitten the bullet and taken my own advise.
Rather than bitch and complain about my lack of progress I decided to dig up my copy of "The Action Hero Body" to help me formulate new routine.

Although I was well into my routine for almost a year when I picked up the book I started at "Stage 2" because I still have more than 10 pounds of fat to lose before I reached my target weight.

Because it was easy to follow the routine I got lazy with it. This is where I made my error though. Following the book was much easier than following myself and I stopped tracking my workouts and developing new ones.

I reached my target weight of 160 lbs about a while ago but I stayed in the Stage 2 portion of the program. Yes, I've obviously still been gaining muscle because my weight remains static at 160 but (as of last night) my body fat is down to 14.6%.

So, with book-in-hand I spent my hour and a half crafting my new 4 day a week routine. I finished day 2 last night and my entire upper body is so sore (which is what I want).

Day 1: Chest, light arms
Day 2: Back, light arms
day of rest
Day 3: Shoulds and arms
Day 4: Legs

I still need to lose 8 lbs of fat OR gain 7.36 lbs of muscle to reach my goal of 10% body fat.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home